View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes View Post
You don't have to go to a crossfit gym to do a crossfit workout. My friend and I do it in our dorm rooms at college. You just need to know what you have to do and do it by yourself. If the time comes that you want to go to a crossfit gym, by all means, do it.

I play rugby so I do it because it has made me immensely stronger and better with the ball. If you don't have good mental toughness or you're not in very good shape, I would not recommend these workouts.
I'll also note that knowing how to do crossfit workouts is absolutely vital. Since they're generally supersets with little rest in between having appropriate form is key to preventing injury.

A lot of crossfit gyms are run by idiots who don't really know how to do the exercises and people tear joints, break bones, separate shoulders, etc. by being misguided - the whole cultism within those gyms prevent users from speaking out against poor coaching and training. Not to mention they're really expensive.

If you're looking into doing crossfit look for people who know how to do the workouts, or look for online videos. Don't pay two or three hundred bucks on a crossfit gym so idiots tell you what to do, you can do everything you need to for a fraction of the price either in a good gym or at home.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote