View Single Post
Old
10-12-2012, 11:01 PM
vadim sharifijanov
thanks chris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
That is, things are corrected in hindsight, with comparison and through studies. Something that's sometimes discarded as revisionism.
sometimes history gets things right in hindsight, sometimes it gets things wrong. most models of historiography will tell you that the time period that the historical revision is from often affects what it considers important. e.g., the shifting from michelangelo to raphael to leonardo as the greatest renaissance artist from the 17th century to the present.

an interesting question to ask of the current greatest goalies of all time discussion, actually. sawchuk, plante, and hall, you might say, have all had their moments as the greatest postwar goalie over the last thirty years. whichever way the project goes this time (my guess is it'll be plante), i'm curious what it will tell us about HOH's emphases on peak vs. career, playoffs vs. regular season, hart voting, strong vs. weak teams, etc.

same with hasek vs. roy. i think as the game evolves/changes, the majority may tend to go with one over the other depending on what kind of goalie might be best suited to how one best builds a team in whatever given era is asking.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote