vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Caps:
Marcus Johansson
Stanislav Galiev

Calgary:
Jarome Iginla

The reason i think it takes two good, young prospects to get Iggy is because he has incredible leadership qualities and could have an extremely good impact in the locker room and on the ice. He could make ovechkin a better player and especially a better captain. As for getting rid of Mojo, i believe by the end of ribeiro's contract he will resign with us long-term. That would give us amazing 4 lines of centers including

Nicklas Backstrom
Mike Riberio
Brooks Laich
Jay Beagle

Even if we have an injury we could easily slot Matthew Perrault in on the 3rd or 4th line center and move up the other players accordingly. As for Galiev, i don't believe he is a necessary prospect for the future of the caps because he could easily be replaced by other prospects and i just don't see him fitting into the lineup. I think this is a fair value deal considering calgary gets a good centerman for the future and a possible top 6 winger but more likely a 3rd liner. I think we could slot Iginla right in with either of the top 2 lines, but we should seperate him and brouwer to give each of the two top lines a grinder. I was thinking something like:

Ovi-Backs-Brouwer
Iggy-Ribs-Chimera
Perrault-Laich-Hendricks
Ward-Beagle-Crabb

Carlson-Alzner
Green-Hamrlik
Orlov-schultz/Erskine

Holtby
Neuvirth

That's an awful lot of assumptions to make. If we trade Johansson for Iginla a more likely scenario is that next season we'll end up with no Johansson, no Iginila and no Ribeiro. Our top 6 will pretty much be Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote