View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 02:21 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Kesler is a whiny *****, diver and cheap shot artist. Lazar is none of those things. He plays an honest game and he plays hard. He is very fast, I dont know if I would compare him to Kesler in that regard, but he is just a kid and Kesler is a full grown man.

Ive watched him live lots over the last two years and am confident in my assessment. I may be a little optimistic, but he has the skills, the attitude (both on and off the ice), is strong on his feet, can fight, is good defensively, can hit, and has a very good shot with a very quick release.

All of that is gold to scouts. Add in the fact he is a center, who can also play wing and it makes the package even sweeter.

If he can put together a forty goal season (I think he can) he will be in the conversation for a top ten pick imo.
Let's not make this about Kesler, although I think it is quite the apt comparison.

I think the main things that can prevent Lazar from being a top 5 pick are his hands (not superb) his speed (good, but not elite) and his passing ability (not as good as other forwards of his calibre). If he can improve on two or more of those areas, he will be a top 5 pick; otherwise, he is a fringe top-10 pick

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote