View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Beezeral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I think Jugs was brought up the most, but I don't think he was really put in a lot of the proposals, I think it was a lot of what would it take? if I remember. I liked the talks with lots of FLA fans, most seemed like good hockey people, altough there was a ffew (what fanbase doesn't have a few) that would just over value and be completely unreasonable.
It was more of just being frustrated that many Canuck fans refused to acknowledge that guys like bjugstad/gudbranson/Versteeg were off the board. Coming up with an agreeable trade between 2 fan bases is pretty much impossible. But we should at least have enough respect for each other to listen to what each side knows about a potential deal on our own ends. That way both sides are more informed about what is going on, and we avoid the unnecessary flame wars

While it may take away the fun of speculating how your team will look with awesome prospect/player X, it leads to hundreds of wasted pages talking about a trade that one side already knows has absolutely no chance of happening.