Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Ok, saw about 4 or 5 of Petrov's shifts (been working on the side) and I have to say that he looked strong on the puck and along the boards at times, but made a few turnovers along the way as well.

He skates differently than I thought he would. I think he's been working on that style. Kind of hunched, but with a straight back. In any case, he looked much more mobile than I expected he would. He can definitely play and he does have some hands, although I had the feeling that he thinks his skillset is a tad bit better than it is.

In any case, he was getting a regular shift and his line did a lot of good things. Unless he got an assist on the last goal, I don't think he had any points, but he may have been a plus player.

What seems interesting to me is that I simply see his game translating well to the North American ice surface. He likes to play along the boards and in the corners. He likes to rag the puck. He likes to throw his shoulders around and bump opponents with regularity. Again, he's mobile and simply looks like a better skater than I've thought he might be.

Ohh, and he was the right wing on his line.