View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 12:28 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
"This kid will be a star.." was ahead of reality.We always over hype our first rounders.With Reilly the new shiny toy,Kadri should be able to quietly develop with Aucoin on the Marlies.I think the kid can be a 50 pt. top 6 flashy guy if used properly,such as p.p but not equal strength unless we are behind.He will challenge MaCarthur soon.
Yep. I wish people would learn from Kadri and temper their expectations of Reilly. If he develops into a top 4 PP guy with holes in his game that make him a detriment to top pairing and shut down details, so be it. Some are so excited like we were with Kadri that the "coming down" effect of the new shiny toy can equate to calling him a bust.

We didnt draft Tavares, Yakupov, or Hall. We got guys with obvious skill and extreme talent that also have areas of concern. Let them develop and take up to 5 years to be what they could be.

The truth is we don't have an NHL team that is worthy of much hype so all we can do is hope and argue about the future.

For the record, I think Kadri tops out as a 65 pt 2nd line center. That'd be great, IMO.