View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean to anyone, but all I can tell you is that only one goalie played in more games than Hasek, and his numbers still compared very favourably to every single goalie that played anywhere near as many games. Not bad for a guy in his late 40s.
Except for the ones who were better like Vehanen and Ramo, right?

If you're looking to give Hasek credit for his performances where he "wasn't bad for a guy in his late 40s," you're fully entitled, but considering it noteworthy in the context of his career (and other all time greats) is simply missing the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I mean, for whatever it's worth, he was one of five goalies to be selected to the All-Star Game there...and the two goalies you named have been representing their respective countries for a combined ~25 years or so I believe...
Which is why we should be skeptical of fan-centric all-star games as opposed to the post-season all star awards, right?

Quote:
Similarly, Matt Ellison had as many points as Jaromir Jagr...are we really going to indict Jagr on that?
Certainly if the claim was that his KHL years added something meaningful to his already superlative resume.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote