Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #20
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If people are thinking Beach, then Peluso has to be ahead of him on that list. Beach just got sent down to ECHL and Doug Armstrong cited Peluso as someone getting ready enough to be called on for NHL duty that Crombeen could be traded.

It's getting into serious crapshoot territory but I'm going Eronen. He's older (22 in about a month) and I think Jarmo may have had an inside insight on him before the draft. He's been very strong developing since the draft and I'll reward him with my vote.
I see what you're saying but I don't think it should be automatic that Peluso goes ahead of Beach just because one is on the verge of getting NHL call-up time (when there is an NHL) and the other just got demoted to the ECHL. Rating prospects is about a long-term view so if someone thinks that long-term, Beach will be better than Peluso, then so be it. Peluso just happens to be 3 years farther along in his development. That and Peoria is simply very deep at forward this season, especially with the lockout. I'll note that Peluso played a good chunk of his rookie pro season in the ECHL as well, and even a couple games in the IHL.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote