AHL Live Substitute?
View Single Post
10-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Join Date: Apr 2009
I tried AHL Live tonight to watch the WBS Pens vs Binghamton Sens (1 game @ $6.99). Based on that game, I'm incredibly glad I didn't drop $150 to watch them this season.
- Video quality was poor (couldn't have been more than 480p).
- Audio was choppy/slightly ahead of the game.
- During timeouts, I had to take my headphones off. Not only did you have the commercial playing, but the announcers left their mics open so you could either hear the blaring of the stadium activity or them talking about what they were going to do next.
- You can't put the game in full screen on one monitor and use another to do something else - it will revert to the standard window size when you click on anything.
- There was no score/time display.
- I almost wasn't able to watch the start of the game due to site problems.
- The stream died a split second after the Pens scored their first goal (it cut to a screen with the AHL Live logo) and didn't return until the faceoff.
I'd say it was worth half what they're asking at the very best. I feel really sorry for anyone who dropped $350 for the whole package.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Sureshotte