View Single Post
Old
05-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Anksun

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Afinogenov is an enigma to me. He had finally a good year but it's still under his "potential" (well, not anymore...).

You watch this guy skating (flying) in the neutral zone with the puck and the first question that comes to mind to me was: ????????????????????????????????????

Yep, ????????????????????????????????? as in "how in hell this guy doesnt get 50 goals a year and 100 points????????????????????????????????"

He doesnt have sniper ability, he cant finish. I disagree here about the Afinogenov - Kovalev comparison. Their games rely on puck possession but it's not all their game. Afinogenov does it with speed, Kovalev with his hands. I'd takes Kovalev over that guy to lead a team offense in a second, however i'd take Afinogenov on that Kovalev team

Also disagree about Afinogenov-Perezhogin comparison. They dont looks all that much similar.

Next year will tells us the whole story however as Perezhogin was skating a lot better late in the season and his puck possession was looking a loooooooooot better than i though it could ever be sooner this season. He DID surprised me a lot. The way he can turn on a dime at full speed with the puck on his blade WILL be a nightmare for a lot of defensemen in the futur and you can quote me on this. Unless of course, it was simply a flash, we'll see.