View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Rimer is a blow hard name dropping suck up. Other than that he's a great guy. As far as "well respected" that really depends on who you are talking to in the hockey community. If you suck up to any team media guy at the local watering hole or some event long enough you are bound to get some free tickets. That isn't anything new, I've witnessed half a dozen times. I don't bother asking for free tickets, so I haven't gotten any myself. Gare gave out more and more tickets the drunker he got.

I'll be honest, I'm really nervous about anyone in hockey that is actually best buds with Rimer and not simply humoring him.
Like the guy said, he's been around the game for a while... you know how, like, if you know a person for a while, they can bring something valuable to a relationship? I don't care for Rimer as a commentator really, but I'm sure he has qualities that people in the hockey world, hell, people in general, would find endearing every person has those qualities, and those people who like those qualities. He seems enthusiastic in the footage away from the booth that I've seen; he obviously loves what he does. You sound very crass.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote