View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 12:58 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
i don't want to nail people from that thread just because they said "no" to now and not "no" to the trade deadline, next season, etc.

if they didn't actually say "well...if Colborne and Kadri show improvement then yes". i was referring to a lot of things: kadri, prospects, the state of the team (no improvement in the offseason), Grabo, etc.

it's just that i got the impression that there's a lot of love for Grabo, and not a lot of confidence for Kadri/Colborne. i say play them. we couldn't get any worse with them in the line-up.
I completely agree, and I think most people here do too. It's just that you're advocating trading the wrong player. All his faults noted, Grabovski is a solid #2C. He scores, he passes, he "hustles," and he's not a liability in his own end. So instead of trading a guy who we have no reason to trade, why not trade, say, MacArthur, and then put Kadri on the wing, where's he's played almost the entirety of his professional career? Why not move Lombardi or leave Connolly unsigned after this season and slot Colborne into the #3C role? That's the false dilemma you've created here. You can have your cake and eat it too, after all. It's addition by subtraction with the added benefit of keeping your (at the very least statistically) strongest centre. Everyone wins.

Last edited by 7even: 10-14-2012 at 01:03 AM.