View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 02:05 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
...Don't get too confident yet, hockeyisforeveryone. Last year's team was loaded, including excellent goalie Scott Wedgewood, yet they were a disappointment in the playoffs. It's a long season, and there are several quality teams in the West. The Whalers have the talent to win the title, but so do many other teams....
Yes WF having lost the last 3 games, I have underestimated the Whalers opponents (and getting snakebit by hot goaltending). Didn't see the last road games but reading sounded like they were again heavily dominant in shots but weren't rewarded with wins.

Now after last night I can say after seeing with my own eyes: the Soo are a great team! Very worthy opponents and evenly matched game. The Greyhounds created a lot of problems for us, causing several bad penalties. The Hounds have great breakout movement into and through neutral ice, created chances by tough forechecking and top notch puck control. Broll and Cousins were scary good! I was surprised to witness a team outshoot the Whalers. Halfway through the 2nd the game was all Soo IMO. Whalers were kind of holding on for dear life.

Aleardi was fantastic, a whole next level above any of his teammates as far as drive and fight. Several times he wildly rushed straight to the net with the puck creating some sick chances. I would have liked to see the same hustle from some of the other bigger guys.

Sure hope for some better outcomes in the next week, we won't be able to see them at home for 2 weeks. Lets Go Whalers!!!