View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 03:33 AM
Hank4Hart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnsoclean View Post
First day in net went good. Was about 12+ of us in this Goalie clinic. I was the only first timer, but I held my own and was doing the same of some guys that have been playing for years. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a complete n00b and have a lot of work to do, especially on basic fundamentals. I need some 1 on 1 so I'm going to get someone to do that hopefully this week. I'm very comfortable sliding to my left and making glove saves. Got my skate stuck sliding to the right a couple times. I'm still iffy standing up and feel I always want to go down to make saves, over time I guess I'll learn my own style.

I'm going to order a Passau chest protector. I have no problem spending money on it, and have a Bauer 7500 stick on its way. I got my first stinger in the upper arm of the Vaughn V3 7500 (as some of you warned me). I don't bruise easily but have some nice swelling. The 7500 is awesome and feels great, but probably better on someone else. I'll just ebay it.

Removed my thigh guards that were built in to the pads, didn't like them at all. My Bauer knee guards were annoying though. Kept sliding down, I'll have to use some sock tape tomorrow to hold them up.

All in all, I'm loving it. Just looking forward for a hour or two of 1 on 1 and I think I'll be fine. Coach said I have great reflexes, just have to work on everything else.

Thanks again for all the help!
now you are at the point where you should start doing yoga... and lots of it!!!

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote