View Single Post
Old
05-11-2006, 09:40 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
So now it didn't happen? Hunter didn't throw fits after Belan was given deserved penalties for blatant head shots? And I wasn't the only one who saw Martinelli take down Downie right before the spear. Just because you think the Knights can do no wrong, it doesn't mean it's actually true. Trying to discredit what I, and A LOT of other people saw, by putting quotes around a word does not really discredit me at all.
For openers, whether Hunter makes faces is irrelevant. You want to make a federal case out of it, go ahead. What does it have to do with anything. Did he make faces? Sure. Whatever. Like that is significant? Is it like telling Potruff to break Perry's wrist and then Potruff actually trying to do it?

Secondly, get a decent recording device and record games so you can actually see how bad you "see" things. Belan's first penalty was for charging and made no contact with the head. It was identical to the hit on Kostitsyn tonite. THE ANNOUNCERS ON SPORTSNET EVEN SAID THE HIT BY BELAN IN OPEN ICE IS NORMALLY CALLED FINISHING A CHECK. They questioned the call too. So the "lot of other people" did not include the guys calling the game.

If you did record the game you would know that it was Tardif knocked to the ice by Martinelli in front of the net. Downie was in the corner. If you can't keep these things straight, be quiet. Unless of course Downie and Tardif exchanged numbers for that game.

In any case, trying to justify a spear to the groin with real or imagined hits before the play is just plain goofy. It's a spear. It's wrong. It was after the period ended. It was not hockey. All this other crap you are throwing out is window dressing.