View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 09:12 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
[QUOTE=Man Bear Pig;54979951]Just out of curiosity, do Canucks fans think this will change? As in more teams becoming interested? as far as I see it, Luongo's value can't go up...just my two cents.[/QUOT

Boston, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Ottawa sprong to mind.

Boston, accustomed to superior netminding, might replace Thomas with Luongo and continue the 1 and 1a system. They can trade Thomas to Toronto, as well.

Philadelphia is serious about contending. Can Luongo help? We do not know, Gillis has never sent a playoff team forward. Is Luongo an upgrade over Bryzgalov? I'd say yes. Bryzgalov can then be sent to Toronto.

Yzerman can't be done in TB? He has a bunch of young goalies, enough to deal one away and add a mentoring vet.

Ottawa might be on Luongo's list. It makes some sense for him personally. Ottawa can certainly use solid goaltending. They have pieces Gillis and Vignault can agree on as return.

Now, as an exercise, add Edler to a Luongo trade. This package can solve a lot of problems and solidify the back end for years to come. Imagine an Edler/Karlsson pairing in Ottawa!

What might a package like this fetch? Is Latendresse and Cowan too much? What about Hedman?

Bjugstad, meh.