View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Completely different player than the one who was the US National Team development camp this past summer. While I understand going to a place like Nebraska - Omaha to get playing time, I don't understand why none of these kids go to programs that are proven hockey programs. JVR went to UNH and we all saw how that messed up his development. Now we've got Stolarz going to a program that has really done nothing in the past. Why these kids don't go to programs like Boston College, Boston University, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc....is beyond me. Instead, you see them go to these schools where the hockey program is crap and they think that playing for a bad program is ideal for their development. I don't get it. You'd figure Flyers management would step in and direct them to a school that would be good for their development, but they don't. I sometimes shake my head......
Well you need to be offered a scholarship from one of those programs to actual go there (that's a reference to Stolarz not JVR who could have gone anywhere). As much as I am a fan of overreaction theater, I don't think you can kill the kid whom most said is a huge project anyway or UNO from his first start of his collegiate career.