View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
teal

vCash: 500
NCAA Womens Hockey... anyone?

Hey all, what with the lockout and everything I've been looking to soothe my hockey withdrawal/woes somehow and have happened upon the magical world of NCAA and professional womens ice hockey...

I'm in the Boston area, so I get to watch Northeastern, BU, BC (all three of those Division 1 I believe), and the Boston Blades. Maybe it's more interesting to me, as a female myself, to watch these games... I basically want to be every single one of those ladies and am so jealous of anyone who grew up playing hockey. That aside though, they are damn good, and I wanted to give them some props, even if it's just on the internet.

The Boston Blades are part of the CWHL (Canadian Womens Hockey League- yes they have a team here, just like the NHL has Canadian teams) and it includes a bunch of ladies who played in the Olympics. I love being able to drive twenty minutes from home, pay maybe five dollars, and grab front row seats, and I plan on doing this all season long. Season tickets were sixty bucks!!!!!!

What I love most about womens ice hockey (especially at the Blades' level) is that you know they are doing it for the love of the game... they are getting paid NOTHING.

Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIAjxt1OzPQ

Last edited by teal: 10-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.
teal is offline   Reply With Quote