AHL – Amerks at Marlies – Sat Oct 13 – 5:00PM ET
View Single Post
10-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Z E M G U S
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
I only saw the 3rd and the highlights posted above (thanks!), but I have a few thoughts:
1. Toronto is a better team on paper, so everyone should be aware of that up front.
2. Both teams are still finding their legs. A lot of the positive plays I saw for either team were the result of lucking into a defensive breakdown / individual plays. The first goal for example was hardly a great play (though Kadri made a fairly nice drop pass), just a long wrister that the goalie should have had.
3. Girgensons fits in. I won't get into whether or not he should be kept or sent to the WHL as it's basically moot -- he's going to be here. I am pretty neutral as the advantages to playing on a top line in the WHL are obvious, but he doesn't look out of place where he's at. I think we'll see something a little similar to Foligno's rise last season after he gets a month or so; by then, if a spot open up higher in the line-up I think he's the biggest threat to take it.
4. Pysyk has been one of my favorite ever prospects since early on and he shows it every time he's on the ice. He's going to have a long NHL career during which he will be one of the most dependable players on his roster. His offensive game will likely be modest but he will be a true two-way defenseman due to his skating and smarts.
5. McNabb is going to have a big season. I'm as interested in seeing how his year goes as anyone else. Just how good can he be at the next level, especially offensively? Can't wait to find out.
6. I really like Kadri. I know everyone who isn't a Leafs fan hates Leafs prospects, and he hasn't stuck in the NHL yet, but I think he shoots up the Leafs line-up whenever the big leagues resume.
View Public Profile
Rob Paxon's albums
Visit Rob Paxon's homepage!
Find More Posts by Rob Paxon