: Prospect Info:
2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)
View Single Post
10-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Some notes on Fogarty from the Ice Breaker tourney:
- Great hands in tight. Especially along the boards where he's very hard to handle.
- Good vision. Made a few very nice feeds and could have easily notched two assists in the Maine game if his teammates had finished.
- Solid forechecking. His line spent a lot of time in the offensive end against Maine.
- Pick pocketing. Very good at lifting the stick and creating separation from the opposing player. Broke up a few plays on the backcheck and got it going the other way in an instant.
- Too much dangle. Less so in the UNO game, but against Maine he had a few chances to get shots off, but opted to try a dangle or force a pass. Needs to work on that.
- Not great in the neutral zone, or away from the puck. Once the play gets away from him, he tends to look a little disinterested. However, it's too be expected for a kid at this stage of development.
- Top end speed needs some work. He has a very powerful first step, but his top-end is average.
Overall, I was impressed with him this early on against some solid teams. Don't think he'll be crushing the stat sheet this year, but he should continue to round out his game.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Trxjw