View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
lazyboy

vCash: 500
Good weekend

Great weekend by the Sting...sure there were some miscues, but no one ever said this was a memorial cup team lol....that said there does seem to be systems in place this year with some nice breakout plays and special team set ups...and for sure the one thing that I notice more than anything else is that each player stands up for one another
Here are some thoughts on some random players
Galchenyuk - really becoming a complete player, I'm not always a fan of using star power on the penalty kill but with #94 i have no issue...he's really stepped it up in the last few games and I suspect he will really become dominant and hit his stride in the coming months
DeAngelo - I cant stop raving about his offensive instincts and natural smooth style of skating and today he added that quick release to his shot...sure he gets caught up ice, but gives an honest effort in hussle back (in unlike last season a few defensively responsible forwards have filled in - notably Sarault)
Goldobin - a mix of Galy and Yaky in that once he gets adjusted to the ohl he has some of the flair of Nail, but maybe a more complete game like Alex
Dundas - really like how he has picked up his game.....looks like he can be more than just a heart and soul type player while still delivering on that end
Chapman - I know he's more of a bit player at this point but he has really developed in the past year...I'm under the understanding that much of it was conditioning and a regiment he undertook with Gary Roberts

Also regarding some of the discussion from above, I am firmly anti Beaulieu and sting management in general, but the article was well done and well focused. Sometimes we as fans get too caught up in the moment and don't enjoy the moment. Heck i'm a Spits fan and even there when we were memorial cup powerhouses sometimes I'd hear ''yeah ok, but what about next year"....so for at least this weekend lets enjoy the moment