View Single Post
Old
05-12-2006, 01:46 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Making faces? He was making diving motions with his hands after two blatant head shots. Bringing up Barr/Pottruff has nothing to do with this argument other than trying to deflect heat from your perfect team.
Oh boy. How awful. Did he actually make . . . DIVING MOTIONS! You want to complain about a coach's behaviour behind the bench (hand gestures no less), but I am not supposed to mention Barr instructing Potruff in a game to break someone's wrist because it has "nothing to do with the argument". Try making some sense for a change

Quote:
Both hits that I'm referring to occurred against the boards. This recording device you keep mentioning would have come in handy in your case. The first one may have been charging (I'm not looking up the boxscore) but he clearly stuck his elbow out and got the guy in the head. The second one was similar except it was on the side boards instead of the end boards. He came flying across the ice and planted the Petes' player's head into the boards. If you think either was in open ice, you're either insane, do not know what "open ice" is, or you're not thinking of the correct hit. After both hits to the head, Hunter made diving motions with his hands. That is just plain ridiculous.
There they are again. Those . . . DIVING MOTIONS! Absolutely unforgiveable.Look Trippy. You keep going on and on about these two extraordinary "head hits" by Belan. Why don't you think back a bit to a certain Guelph player suspended for 5 games this year for driving a London players head into the glass. Then after explaining that you can go back to all this self righteous fixation with these diving motions Hunter and hits by Belan in one game. Guelph holds no high moral ground

Quote:
If I'm wrong about who Martinelli crosschecked, it's not a big deal. I never tried to justify Downie sticking him in the junk, merely looking for an explanation that doesn't include "he's a psycho". It seemed logical to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. This is something I'd love to hear from you because you're an awful wrong a lot.
Go back to your quote. You essentially said Downie did this because Martinelli did that trying to justify the spear. You keep throwing this psycho word around a lot too. All I have said is the guy did something that should not be allowed without getting some kind of punishment to stop him from doing it. It is not acceptable but you want to whitewash it.

Quote:
EDIT: And I should add that it doesn't seem logical to spear someone because you got crosschecked, it seemed logical as to why he would seek retaliation. That's the type of player he is. You get him, he'll get you. And it's not always legal
Like that means anything at all.