View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
scratch your head all you'd like. What I actually said was Suter's defensive capabilities are slightly better, but the rest of his game isn't. It isn't a hard concept.
No, what you actually said was that you didn't consider Suter's defensive capabilities to be slightly better, then in the immediate sentence you said that it was better. That's what the head-scratching was for. I'll re-post exactly what you said:

"Now I'm not trying to start anything here, but you did say that Suter's defensive capabilities are better than Weber's, which I consider to be untrue. Suter is slightly better, yes, but it doesn't outweigh other things Weber excels at. "

Quote:
But what the **** do I know? I've only watched hockey for 20 years, and I've only seen every game both players have played since being drafted (I've seen Ryan Suter in over 500 games, in Shea Weber in nearly 500 games).
Have you actually watched every single game the two players have played in the NHL, literally not having skipped a single game? If so, that's impressive. It doesn't, however, make your opinion the be all end all that the last quote of my post suggests.

Quote:
Suter is not better at 1 on 1 defense. He is more mobile, but it isn't completely out of the realm of reasonable thought to say a smaller guy is going to be more mobile.
I'm not saying Suter is better at 1 on 1 defense purely due to his mobility, that is only one aspect. And yes, his mobility is likely due to, in part, his smaller size compared to Weber.

Quote:
Oh and Weber will have a guy named Roman Josi on his side whenever hockey comes back. The kid isn't Suter, but he isn't a joke either.
Oh trust me, I'm a fan of Josi. That's why I chose him in my first ever fantasy hockey draft last month. But as of now, there's a big gap between Josi and a top 5 dman in the NHL.

Quote:
There is no debate. Weber is better. I've been telling fellow Preds fans this for a few years now.
You say there's no debate that Weber is better, and yet you admit to having to tell your fellow Preds fans this (i'm assuming because many think Suter is better). Clearly there is a debate...

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote