View Single Post
Old
10-14-2012, 11:15 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Don't forget, Hamrlik is a player who many posters consider teh suck. He fits into that set of imperfect offensive-minded modern defensemen who just don't get a lot of love.
case in point.... ↓↓↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
I'd rather have a Steve Staios than a Roman Hamrlik.

Stats be damned. My eyes told me Hammer sucked most of the time.
That was a funny joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
So this is by birthplace? Because Widing isn't close to being from Finland more than being born there. His parents are swedish and he got his hockey education in Sweden. He's even more Canadian than a fin.
I wasn't that aware of his history, only that he was born in Finland.

Quote:
I also think you have overlooked some players like Keskinen, Jantunen, Jarmo Myllys, Juhani Lahtinen and Karalahti (probably snubbed because of off-ice problems, correct?)
I don't know much about Keskinen, Jantunen or Lahtinen so I can't comment.

Myllys could have been taken over Lehtonen for sure. Talk to my opponent about that one.

Karalahti, I'm honestly not sure he was even better than Aki Berg, who I resorted to selecting as a spare. Both were mediocre, 17 minute NHL defensemen, but Berg did it for 4 times as long and on better teams. The international tournaments are why Karalahti is regarded at all highly, and Berg even got into more international games than him, despite playing his "best" 4 seasons on a team that gave him no opportunity to play in the worlds. The trump card is that he played in 4 best on best tournaments that Karalahti was every bit as eligible for (he was 22, 26, 29, and 30 when these tournaments were played)