View Single Post
Old
05-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Perezhogin is my favorite rookie of the big three !!
yes over Plekanec and Higgins.
And I'm ready to make a bet with anyone that if he's traded we'll have a couple of thread here about why we traded him ? or Why did the habs give up on him? etc ...
the guy is as skilled as anyone but he looked without confidence since he was unput of the 1st line with koivu and kovalev .. once he regain his offensive confidence watch out !
If I were to pick favourites, it'd be Pleky, Pez, Higgins in that order but not very much at all between any of them. As for Perezhogin, I agree with you, he is a guy to keep around, he has good potential and he has one of the skills that will be needed in the (new) NHL: his skating. When his confidence is up and he has quality linemates on a regular basis I think we will begin to see what he can really offer the team. I can see him getting 25+ goals on a regular basis in a few years. I can't wait to see how our youngsters are playing in a few years, hopefully they will become the players we want them to be.

As for the bit in bold above, the same thing would happen if Youppi went to the Impact (thats the montreal football team, right?) or if we threw a 3rd round pick into a trade and another team used that pick to draft a player who was decent in the NHL. It would be like me saying "I'm ready to make a bet with anyone that the sun will set tonight and rise again tomorrow, sometime in the morning". It's a damn near certainty but if it didn't happen, you'd get the feeling something was very wrong