View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I would like to see the AHL team win but really for me its more on seeing how the legit prospects do. Kreider and Miller could be Rangers when the season starts. Well Kreider is almost a lock unless he totally blows it which I highly doubt.

After that lets see what Jean, Yogan, , Thomas, Hrvik can do. They all have a % chance of making it up to the Rangers at some point. Guys like Haley, Segal, Newbury, Kolarik are AHL vets. I dont expect them to do much in the NHL excpet for sparing or a few game call ups. Not bad guys to have around.

I actually think the F group in CT is just fine and gives the Rangers some depth.

D is a different story which is why Gilroy is back. Its thin but will be better with McIlrath healthy

In G, well we have Henrik on the big club, lol.........this is why Biron got 2 more yrs too
I've seen both NJD and Det's AHL teams produce very good NHLers on a regular basis on abandoned AHL teams basically. I've thought about that many times. I definitely don't think its a given that a great AHL team will develop prospects better than a worthless AHL team. Especially if you don't have all that many pure prospects on it (like of course its a indication of the value of prospects if you have 15 prospects that you believe is awsome in the AHL and they go 10-72 for the year...).

At the same time, during the current circumstances, if you watch the game of course you want them to win.