View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I'm with CRD. Unless the timing of the season's start somehow impacts our decision, it doesn't make sense to put that decison off. Especially with respect to the playoff matchup length, that's a change I'd personally like to see every season. Yeah, we might not get exactly 2 match-ups with every team, but I'm kinda okay with slightly unbalanced scheduling in favor of longer playoff matchups.

If I had my way, it would be: 1 week round 1, 1.5 weeks round 2, 2 week final; so 4.5 weeks. Obviously the season won't always work out to the right number of weeks for this to happen, but if the target was 4 weeks minimum of playoff time plus any 'extra' days, it could work. That would mean for example, say the regular season was 27 weeks and 1 day. Then playoffs would be 4 weeks and 1 day, leaving 23 weeks for the regular season. I'm not sure if this level of flexibility is afforded to us by Yahoo (can we do a half week?). If it's not, then I would still vote for 1week/1week/2weeks. I hate the notion that the finals for us is the last week of the regular season, when top players are often 'rested' in games that don't matter. Creating a longer final would help to eliminate that.