Old
05-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
As for the referees - they were an absolute joke. I hate the fact that such an important game (and series) was decided based on their horrible calls. As JrHockeyFan said, even the homer Petes announcers were confused by their calls (on at least 4 occassions they thought a Peterborough penalty was being called and then a London player went to the bench and they often couldn't even figure out why). It was ridiculous!
It truly was ridiculous. And even though it shouldn't matter, I can't help but wonder how much of an impact the Knights' attitude had in creating some of those calls. Say what you will, but Hunter himself, Schremp, the Knights have a bit of a history of acting and speaking very disrespectfully towards the officials. Maybe it all caught up with them in Game #4?

I do hope the OHL does something to address the officiating concerns for next season. They created a monster this year. The NHL created a process (which sometimes causes problems and makes for ugly games). But the OHL couldn't seem to find the right balance, and the number of problematic ugly games was much higher than in the NHL.