View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
brandon4679

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Here is a very strange trade scenario...

So the trade that sent Pronger to the Ducks sent back Smid, the 1st 2007/2008, and 2nd 2008...and of course Lupul.

That 2008 1st became Eberle.
The 3rd pick the Ducks had made in the 2nd round was Justin Schultz...lol. That pick was acquired from EDM in the Penner offer sheet.

Funny enough, in order to offer sheet Penner, they needed their 3rd round pick back from the Isles. So the they traded their 2nd 2008 (Hamonic!) to the Isles for the 3rd and Rourke.

The Isles then traded Bergeron (Acquired from EDM for grebeshkov and that same pick!) for the 3rd 2008 (Petrov)

Anaheim then traded the Oils 1st from the offer sheet to Buffalo (Tyler Myers) for the 17th (Gardiner) and 27th (Tikhonov).

So all because of the Pronger trade, Myers is in Buffalo, Gardiner in T.O, Hamonic for the NYI and Schultz and Smid in EDM.

It was some of the weirdest trade offs between 3 teams I have ever seen.

Penner being traded to the kings also netted the Oilers Klefbom, Teubert and Zharkov.

That 1st 2007 (Riley Nash) from the Pronger deal, was swapped with Phoenix's that year for a 2nd 2007... That 2nd was just a few spots ahead of Subban...
I can't even get my head fully wrapped around this do funny

brandon4679 is offline   Reply With Quote