View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
The strange case of Matej Machovsky?

So was playing some NHL 13 this morning and the name Matej Machovsky popped up when my friend played as Brampton. This sparked my memory of him attending a Kings development camp back in the summer of 2011.

Prompted me to look up his stats for this year and I was shocked to see him pretty high up in the OHL in terms of goalie stats... I figured at that point he was a pretty solid prospect as I remember him pretty a nice young goaltender at that development camp.

Then came the kicker. Upon looking further I saw that he still hasn't been drafted despite being the same age as Chris Gibson.

So my question is this, what gives with this kid? Researching the topic a little bit he has been to the Kings Dev. camp and Ottawa's prospect camp, he has decent size at 6'2" 187, seems to be in NA for the long haul (3 CHL seasons under his belt,) has international experience at the 2011 U18 World Championships. Everything seems to point at him being a really solid option as a prospect yet he's been passed over twice now in the draft? Maybe this belongs in the prospects thread but I was curious to see if other Kings fans had an opinion of him since he did spend some time at Kings camps.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote