Thread: Proposal: Bos - edm
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Hmm, interesting offer. The main issue is cap space for Boston. I would love to see Hemsky in Boston despite his injury problems. From what I've seen of him playing with Krejci in the world championships, they look amazing together.

Caron still looks like a really good prospect for me. He still seems really raw but when he uses his body to his advantage, he is a really good player. There was a couple of games this past year that had my eyes popping out of my head, I remember going on about how dominant he could be when he works hard. He's definitely not fully there yet, but he has shown flashes. Hopefully those flashes come closer and closer together. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Hemsky, I see him topping off as a good 2nd line winger with good 2 way abilities myself. But I think it's a fair value trade to add a 2nd rounder as well as Caron for a player like Hemsky.

Not sure what Edmonton's PK is like but I know during his time in Boston, Caron was amongst the top forwards in PK time, despite how little experience he's had in the NHL. I think that speaks volumes for how good he is defensively. He's ready to be slotted into any NHL line up whenever the lock out ends too.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote