View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 02:29 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Completely different player than the one who was the US National Team development camp this past summer. While I understand going to a place like Nebraska - Omaha to get playing time, I don't understand why none of these kids go to programs that are proven hockey programs. JVR went to UNH and we all saw how that messed up his development. Now we've got Stolarz going to a program that has really done nothing in the past. Why these kids don't go to programs like Boston College, Boston University, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc....is beyond me. Instead, you see them go to these schools where the hockey program is crap and they think that playing for a bad program is ideal for their development. I don't get it. You'd figure Flyers management would step in and direct them to a school that would be good for their development, but they don't. I sometimes shake my head......
UNH is a good program. yeah fine they havent won a national title but its still a very good program.
Stolarz would get zero playing time at BC or BU and people would be *****ing about that. Stolarz had already committed to UNO before the Flyers drafted him. We didnt hear any whining from Flyers management about where he went to school so im sure they are fine with it.
Dean Blais is the coach there, so he should be fine.