View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Dupree13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Those corners are serviceable - serviceable in the 3rd CB in a nickel or dime package sort of way. At this point in time, none of them should be starting, and since the start of the season, Ike shouldn't be starting either. He's been pathetic. At least we have safeties. Granted, they'll probably be hurt, but at least they are there. We have very little that is of any redeemable quality at corner.
I thought we were talking about this in terms of what is a more pressing need for the future, as we're stuck with what we have this year anyway.

But whe these young corners are not world beaters, you'd always want an elite cover guy, there's hardly any of them around. I subscribe to the view that a secondary is only as good as the front seven in terms of pass rush. QB has all day against the Steelers, of course the corners will look bad. I think these guys are good enough but they need to figure out the pass rush either through infusion of talent via a high draft choice, or maybe a scheme adjustment of some kind.