Thread: Proposal: Bos - edm
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
NHL ready doesn't change the fact he has fairly minimal upside (top 6 at least) OP is correct. It doesn't make sense to trade Hemsky. If he has in fact bounced back, he's worth a 1st and a much better prospect. If he doesn't rebound, then we can consider trading him for something like this
As I said, I don't think this is a deal the Oilers would have any interest in right away. But it is also possible that by even next summer the writing might be on the wall as far as Hemsky's long term role on the club is concerned. I not at all sure for example that he would want to stick arouind if he ends up being the #3 RW'er with only minimal pp time. Moreover, with a full year lockout it is possible that the Oilers won't know how he will fair in his new role before his value drops due to his impending UFA status at the end of 2014.

While he is not over the hill at all, he is still the type of player who at this point in his career is unlikely to return a player anywhere near his calibre. As such if he does eventually get traded, it would not surprise me at all that this is the type of return you get for him.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote