View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Pez68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
That's pretty simple, the rink rules were there when the teams sign up, if you don't agree then don't play. Most big rinks have curfews to make sure all the games get played and everyone gets what they paid for, and it's done by ice time and not by complete games. The rink is running a business and wants to get games in on time and to keep things moving, that's their livelyhood.
Are the couple minutes extra REALLY going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things? You're not going to squeeze an extra ice slot in there, so all the micro-managing of ice times is pointless. I've been involved with a lot of rinks and a lot of teams here in Illinois, and none of the rinks do this. Why? Because you get at most one ice slot out of it, that is likely not going to be used anyway... You would have to shave five minutes off every ice slot during the business hours just to get one additional ice slot at the end of the day.... To me it's pretty simple. Allocate enough time to each ice slot to finish the game... Some will be longer, some will be shorter, but it's not rocket science. Some rinks might be running a few minutes late around here, some a few minutes early. In the end, EVERYONE FINISHES THEIR GAMES. Which, I think, is the most important thing here... How can any game be taken seriously when, if the game is running behind, they can have time shaved off? That's completely against the spirit of the game.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote