Thread: NHL Fan Boycott
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 04:26 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Couldn't someone just open up a new hash tag on Twitter where fans could state who they are and what they will do if the NHL cancels another season?

If you got enough people on there just threatening to cancel their tickets, CI etc. and that tag trended, people would notice. The NHL is all about Twitter after all.
Here's the problem, while I have no doubts that every season ticket holder in the league would be willing to do this in order to save the season, I have strong doubts that even 10% would actually follow through. Unfortunately, both the league and players association thinks like I do in this regard. As for me, the Garden would LOVE if I gave up my seats. If they do not sell to someone on the waiting list, they can sell for more than I am paying on stubhub, the team ticket exchange, even ticketdisaster. Plus, I am not the type of fan they want in the building. I eat dinner somewhere near the arena, I hardly ever buy anything inside. The only time I buy a program is if a friend welcomes a baby that day. Give them the program and game tickets. In the 15-25 games I attend each season, I MIGHT spend $100-150 on stuff inside. The occassional beer for the wife and I, the occassional pretzel, but certainly not every game.