View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
uncleodb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrhanky View Post
Old man with bad knees joing a beer league. I am still learning how to use my weight and body to produce good shots(don't have a slapshot yet) and getting a decent wrister is my first goal, then I want to work on the rest. My current stick was an 87 cut down to about 100 unfortunately for stick height. I have been considering getting something like a 75 flex Mako($ friendly) in hopes of being able to generate a lot more flex until I learn how to get a shot going. I am worried that I might break the stick to easily or that it would set back my overall development. I am at a cross roads between wanting to contribute to a team but knowing it will take time to develop a proper shot mechanics. Any help?
From what I read from the several older threads regarding stick length and flex, your height, weight, strength will determine if a lower flex would be better for you. See if you can find these older topics as they are quite informative. If you already feel that your wrist shot is weak b/c you are not generating enough flex, you can definitely try a lower flex. A good deal of your shot power comes from flexing the stick, from what I understand. Good luck!

uncleodb is offline   Reply With Quote