View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Maybe it's just me being delusional, but I'm starting to like the fact that he gets ice-time in a defensive role in a very good league. Everyone already knows about his offensive skills and he has always been dominating against players in his own age. Sooner or later he will have to adapt to professional hockey, so maybe it's okey if he does it now and I think the transition to AHL/NHL will be easier in a few years for him after this experience.

He currently plays with PJ Axelsson (851 NHL-games), who could be a very good mentor for his defensive game. This far Collberg has only been on the ice for 1 goal against in almost 100 minutes, so I think Collberg is doing well so far.

Just like many use to say that "defence wins championship", I think it might be the same for Collberg. Start with a good defensive play and then get more and more offensive responsibility.
I agree in the long run it could be good for him, while it's frustrating that he doesn't get much of an opportunity to show and adjust his offensive game when he's meant to be a scorer, but this could actually make his adjustment to North America easier if he's made into a more well rounded player.

Not to mention for all the concern of NHLers arriving there and taking ice time, for now this means he gets to train with NHLers.

I know training isn't the same as playing in a game but for all the frustration having him learn to play the "right way" instead of padding his stats in the J20s or a weaker league does have its value.