View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
tempest2i
Feral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Would be a pretty severe change of course for Gillis to all of a sudden be willing to trade Luongo within the division. It is absolutely possible that Edmonton jumping into the mix has upped the price, but it doesnt seem like it would be in the Canucks best interest to move Luongo to a team that is up and coming and in the division.

I also find it extremely unlikely that Gillis will waive Luongo and get nothing in return over a less than fair offer from FLA/TOR. It would create bad karma among players as well. Players don't forget when an organization mistreats fellow players.

Edmonton seriously jumping into the mix definitely complicates things from a Toronto perspective and all but eliminates the panthers from the equation, because it seems obvious that Tallon is only looking for a bargain.
While I understand it is possible that Edmonton could make an offer for Luongo, I would be shocked if that's true. I know current Oilers management has done some stupid things in the past, but this would take the cake.