View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
specialteams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Not sure what's going on in Kemptville. It's not like I'm a silent owner or have a kid on the team, just a hockey fan with no insider info.

They were outworked severly lastnight by Kanata, Stevie Wonder could of told you that.
I'm not sure why some people thought that 73's would be a top 6 team in some pre-season postings - even I had them a play-off team. I think we were looking at the new ownership group (Ron Tugnutt) and assuming they would vastly improve. They went out and changed the majority of the team (don't blame them when you finish second last) but didn't really replace them with Jr. A caliber players. Many were prep school, HS kids with no Jr experience. The Central is demanding 5-6 times on the ice 62 game grind. The puck and foot speed is even something that rookies need to adjust to - I think you're seeing this with Kemptville and hopefully the new players will get up to speed.

Byron is a very good talent but you can't expect a 17 year old to carry the load as well Lussier and Hendsbee are the only blueliners with jr experience. Up front trading away Rosebrook and Adams for Varin and Vaughn only time will tell. I'm not sure what's wrong with House but he was off to a good start but haven't seen him in the line-up for awhile and he'll take some pressure off Byron in the middle. I think Gonu and Nowak are steady, Cooney a pleasant surprise but this is a team that has to work hard because the talent is just not there. Goaltending may be an issue as I hear Brindamour has quit so now Cooper and Tugnutt will share the duties.

I don't think we should give up on the 73's - you don't win a championship in October but you can play yourself out of one if the slide continues. Lots of great hockey being played - nice to see some great starts by some surprise teams in OJS, SF and Kan.