View Single Post
Old
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I don't recall saying any of these things, I said I don't see Lu becoming a backup? I'm sure he'll keep his mouth shut to the media and in the lockerroom, but I don't see him wanting to stay in Vancouver as a backup. It's a complete different situation than Edmonton, there is only one starter goalie. Lets put it this way, if you were at the top of your profession, one of the best, but one person in your company is younger, cheaper, and a little better, do you stick around and be demoted, or jump to another company where you can show your abilities and be appreciated. I don't claim to have any type of insight into any lockerroom but with basic knowledge of the human thought process one would say no one likes to be second best. Put yourself in those shoes, would you take it just because? Lol didn't think so.
I don't know why you assume that Luongo is stuck as a backup or even a 1b goalie. Luongo is an extremely competitive guy and crazy me for thinking this but his pride might give him the drive he needs to take the #1 spot instead of trying to get out of Vancouver. There have been cases in which a goalie has been taken over by his backup and then won his job back the following season.