View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I can't believe that you BOS fans think Caron is woth that much?
I'd imagine we could say the same about Edmonton fans and MPS, fact is we know what we have in Caron because we watch him frequently (just like EDM fans with MPS) we know what's there and that he can be a very productive NHLer that will do his job and do it well. The thing is is we don't have that pressig need for a winger that plays with an edge that uses his body, gets dirty in the corners and is very reliable defensively (one of our best PKers) like Edmonton does, our roster is LOADED with that, and it very obviously works.

Edmonton (not that EDM fans need informing) is the opposite, nobody that is known for using their body and doing everything above, that hasn't already cemented themselves into a career in the bottom 6. However you have a lot of skilled scorers, with Hemsky being down that list, forced into a secondary scoring role, and the fact that if he cashes in as a UFA you won't be able to afford (realistic, not hometown discount) raises to RNH and Yak, as well as fielding a full team that isn't inept.

Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and realize everyone has a job and a purpose and that every forwards purpose isn't to score goals. Even if Caron isn't that guy, you have to understand that it's not realistic to say "we can get someone better without trading one of the big 4. Because this type of trade is what a Hemsky will net, not a star power forward. Not even if he has one comeback year. It takes a hell of a lot more to build value than it does to lose it.

That's all I have to say I guess lol

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote