View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 07:07 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Am I crazy for thinking that hockey would fail in Seatle? They'll have to share that building with another team... I know it's not exactly the same as Atlanta, but we did do something like that in Atlanta and it didn't work out. Quebec and Toronto should be getting teams before a market which is yet to be a proven market.

If the NHL is crying about losing money then why on earth aren't they moving these money losing teams to markets they know will succeed? Nobody is expecting the Canadian dollar to do a nosedive anytime soon, so I don't know why Quebec city isn't first in line.

The owners are saying that they don't want to up the revenue sharing too much, but it sounds like they're going to have to do it. They're going to have more teams to share revenue with if they end up moving a team to some market which has 90% casual fans.
The Kings share a building with two NBA teams. The Blackhawks share a building. So do the Rangers. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'd bet there's more.