View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 10:18 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
From what i have seen, they could go either way. 1 - they could turn things around and start winning games like crazy. The talent for the most part is there. or 2 - they could keep going the way they are currently going.

There are things that have happened since the beginning of the year that could indicate they are not 100% on board with Flynn's system. Keep in mind this happened 6 years ago also when Flynn first took over. The decision then was to get rid of all the veterans and start from scratch. When you look at the current wildcats, in terms of core players, there are only 3-4 that have been there for any length of time under Flynn. It's very plausible that the other key players are not buying in. i'm not putting him down in anyway as a coach, he's a phenomenal coach, but, the players have to buy what your selling. Sometimes they just dont, and there is nothing that can change their perception.

The other thing IMO... WAYYYY too much has been expected of the wildcats. To listen to the moncton media, the wildcats should contend for the memorial cup. Show me another team that integrated 15 new faces essentially and won a league championship? Halifax and quebec are miles ahead of moncton and are not having to integrate new players for the most part. Both those teams were built through the draft, not through trades. Both of those teams have multiple high picks. Other than the Saulniers, the wildcats core players are basically coming in from elsewhere.

all My opinion only....
I agree with most of what you have said. I think there's a better chance they go the first way. Not just because I am a hopeful fan but because they do have the players to be among the top teams and getting players to gel , like you mentioned, will take time. I think once they start coming together as a team , the wins will start coming easier.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote