View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
I agree Oryx, but EvenSteven brings up a few good points. The OA's are truly nothing special, although I do like Alberga on the PK and as a shutdown forward. Hanes and Czinder are a waste of space from what I've seen so far. If a player is going to be out there not producing, it should be the rookies who at least are learning along the way.

The one thing I really noticed in the Kingston and Ottawa games is the lack of a real playmaker. Every single player is going into the zone with the puck on his stick, not even looking for linemates, and sending a shot on net. While that's not a bad idea, there are also a lot of missed opportunities to score where a linemate is looking at a wide open net.

Right now the lines just aren't clicking - whether that's because everyone is gripping their sticks a little tight due to lack of scoring, or a more fundamental team construction issue, we'll have to wait and see.

I do think being on the road, away from their regular practice routines (let's not forget that they've been working out of Sportsworld in less than ideal conditions), their home dressing room and of course, the fans, has a big impact on the energy level.