Thread: News Article: NHL.com Lindros Article
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 01:55 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
There have been countless versions of the same rumor around virtually every team -- including the "Player C was so mad he punched out player A in the locker room when he found A was sleeping with B's wife" variation -- for decades. The internet age just made the stories circulate sooner, further and linger for many more years.

With few exceptions, the stories are almost always total fabrications.

At any rate, getting back to the original topic, Adam did a great job with the article series. Jay Greenberg's Full Spectrum book has even more on how the trade evolved and what other trade packages for Lindros were discussed right up until the end.
I enjoyed reading it. Lindros was by far and away my favorite Flyer, yet I was no where near old enough to understand the full scope of what was going on at the time. Seeing the story unfold as told by the people that lived through it is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
we'll never see a player like Lindros in the NHL for a very long time, if ever
Agreed, one because the size of players has grown so much that 6'4" 230 isn't as much of a behemoth anymore. And two not many guys that are that huge are forwards and have the skillset Eric possessed. Until we see somebody that's like 6'8" 300 that can skate, hit and have generational talent-like abilities at the forward position. It'll never happen again.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote