Thread: Proposal: Phx - ott
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy2266 View Post
Ottawa is still a team in transition. I don't beleive they are cup contenders yet, but when they put all of the pieces together they will have one hell of a good team in a couple years. They have an embarsment of riches coming down the pipe line for all of their forward lines. With the prospect pool Ottawa is drawing from I would not worry about 20-30 goals that have to be made up after loosing MM
Ottawa's drafted very well in it's 20 years history and yet, they've only drafted 16 players who've ever had a 40+ point season. Most other teams have worse records. That's the problem with prospectitis; it sets unrealistic expectations. Ottawa already needs to fill 4 other Top-6 forwards slots with player who prove they can produce. Brandon Gormley is way too far from proving himself as a potential top pairing D-man to accept in trade for Michalek right now. Becoming half as good as Michalek has been an achievement for most 13th overall picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Didn't want to start an argument about when or not MM was a top line forward, so I left it open. I will say though, that I doubt he exceeds or even meets those numbers again in his career
66 pts, 55 pts, 57 pts, 60 pts... all in the past 6 seasons.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote