View Single Post
Old
05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules
There is no doubt there are great goaltenders out there. but unlike you, we are being realistic. How many is available?

If you ask me directly, I prefer Manny Fernandez from the Wild. He is a solid goalie and earned 2 million dollars less. Wild is our division rivals and I got to see a lot of him. OTOH, can you honestly say that we will go anywhere with Aebi on the net? We lost a lot of games to good teams in the last half of the season. Have you seen Aebi play? He is good, we loved him but if you complain about Theo's rebound, you should seen Aebi's rebound.

That said, I hope you can sign Huet. It seems that he prefers LA KINGs, and I don't blame him. I loved living in LA as well and the pressure there will be a lot less than Montreal.

My argument, if you read posts above me is that in close series, goaltending will make a difference. Theo helped us in the first round. He was not hot, or "steal" the series but he was there when needed. Unlike Turco.

And as for deeper playoff round, I don't think it will be possible for another 3-4 years. We need to rebuild and retool. A lot of our players are older and our D is as thin as paper when playing younger elite team.
But the point is you would have won that first round series with david aebischer or any number of less expensive goalies. Theo with his massive cap filling contract brought nothing special to the team. I think that's the point here.