View Single Post
Old
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM
jester099

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe
I think the new rules really help expose his deficiencies this season. He's a small guy, and the players just had more time to find his holes this season. I think he'll be a good to very good goalie in the future, but I don't see him dominating ever again. I say is upside now is 10-15th best goalie. If he was making 2.5-3.5 million, it wouldn't be an issue, but his cap hit is just too much for what he can potentially accomplish.
It's hard to tell what got to him. I think it's just a mental collapse to be honest.

Many times he was in good position just to see the puck go right trough his body...

Same thing happened to Conklin this year. He couldn't even be good in the AHL...

When a hockey player looses confidence, it's not good, but it can really kill a Goalie.

Time will tell, but somehow, I think if he can get his head straight, he will be a lot better than this year (which isn't very hard ).

Sometimes all you need is a fresh start. He wasn't that good in the series for the Avs, but he was better than the "getting pulled 3 times in a row" form he was with the habs...

I agree he could be around 15th best goalie in the league, and the salary those perf would command. Then again every player has ups and down, but when the down period of your goalie is "getting pulled 3 times in a row" bad, it really kills the spirit of the team. It removes any confidence whatsoever the team can have...